Specializing in: Dimensional Haircoloring, Enhancing Natural Hair Colors & features, Precision Cutting & texturizing Men’s Haircuts
Certifications and Additional Education:
- Redken Certified Hair Colorist
- Men’s Design & Barbering w/ Redken Artist Shawn Matthew Stearns (September 2021)
- SAM VILLA REDKEN NYC- Mastering Finishing & Design (September 2020)
- Fundamentals of Design w/ Redken Global Educator Brayden Pelletier & Eunice Aguilar (June 2019)
- Advanced Color Placement with Eric Ray, Redken NYC, and Vicki Laris, Redken NYC/Celebrity Colorist (September 2018)
- Total Design Immersion with Redken’s Global Artistic Ambassador & Sassoon Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Sam Villa (June 2018)
- Design Trends with Hugo Urias–Global Redken Artist, Los Angeles (Sept 2017)
- Pureology PureForm Design (Cutting) class with National Artist Michelle Patton, specializing in textured bobs, short women’s crops, and razor cutting (Oct, 2016)
- Redken Artist Ellen Devine and Vicki Laris brought their exceptional skills of amazing hair color, design, and finishing for the upcoming year (Sept 2015)
- A three-day class focusing on the latest design and hair color trends including balayage (hi-lighting hair through hair painting) to mid-length and long bobs (“Lobs”) with Redken’s Award-Winning Educational Facilitators, Ryan Morgan and Brayden Pelletier (June 2015)
- Current Trends and Color Class with Lauren Hagen (Nov 2014)
- Advanced Cutting Class with Internationally Renowned Redken Artist Sam Villa (August 2014)
- Redken Haircolor Obsessed Trends specializing in crown lights with Internationally renowned artist, Justin Isaac (April 2014)
- Hair Design and Cut Suitability with Redken artist, Ryan Morgan (October 2013)
- Color Suitability with Redken artist, Alicia Marcano (August 2013)
- Color Correction and Ombre with Redken artist, Scott Sueper (June 2013)
- Advanced cutting class with Redken artist, Brayden Pellitier (October 2012)
- Hands-on Color Correction Class with Patrick Fitzwater, International Redken Platform Artist (2012)
- Pureology Finishing and Upstyling (2012)
- Redken’s 2011 International Symposium (Las Vegas)
Getting to know Valerie…
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” -Walt Disney
What/who inspires you?
“My mom, she thinks I can do anything.”
Favorite food or local restaurant?
“Thai Am 2.”
What is your guilty pleasure?
Which celebrity do you think always has great hair or renders great style?
“Victoria Beckham and Kelly Ripa.”
What do you like most about working at Salon West?
“The education, it is so important, styles are always evolving and it is vital to keep up. Simply the difference.”