Specializing in: I enjoy working with long hair, multidimensional color and long layers. A “lob” is always fun and flattering to do as well.
Certifications & Additional Education:
- Men’s Design & Barbering w/ Redken Artist Shawn Matthew Stearns (September 2021)
- Creative Coloring with Balayage” with Global Redken Colorist Sami Skinner (June, 2021)
- Advanced Balayage with Sean Godard, Redken Global Artist/NAHA Winner (September, 2019)
- Fundamentals of Design w/ Redken Global Educator Brayden Pelletier & Eunice Aguilar (June, 2019)
- Advanced Color Placement with Eric Ray, Redken NYC and Vicki Laris, Redken NYC/Celebrity Colorist (September, 2018)
- Total Design Immersion with Redken’s Global Artistic Ambassador & Sassoon Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Sam Villa (June, 2018)
- Pureology PureForm Design (Cutting) class with National Artist Michelle Patton, specializing in textured bobs, short women’s crops, and razor cutting (Oct, 2016)
- Cutting and Coloring for Curly hair w/Ryan Morgan & Tara Gardner (June, 2016)
- Redken Artist Ellen Devine and Vicki Laris brought their exceptional skills of amazing hair color, design and finishing for the upcoming year (Sept 2015)
- Three day class focusing on the latest design and hair color trends including: balayage (hi-lighting hair through hair painting) to mid-length and long bobs (“Lobs”) with Redken’s Award Winning Educational Facilitators, Ryan Morgan and Brayden Pelletier (June 2015)
- Sunpure Keratin
- Aveda Art of Style
- Aveda The Magic of Color
- Aveda Deep Color
- Aveda Color Solutions
- Aveda Precision Cutting
Getting to know Samantha…
What/Who inspires you?
“My husband inspires me.”
“Your words cast a spell on your heart and mind; what you think about you bring about.”
What is your beauty philosophy?
“I’m all about natural beauty. It comes from the inside and the outside is our canvas to be creative with.”
What is on your favorite music?
“Toddler Tunes is in my CD player right now, but if I had my choice it would be Jack Johnson, Ben Harper or Bob Marley.”
What is your guilty pleasure?
“Starbucks has got to be my guilty pleasure.”
Which celebrity do you think renders great style?
“I’d have to say Jennifer Lopez has great hair and renders great style.”
What is something most people don’t know about you?
“Something people don’t know about me is that becoming a mother has changed my perspective on everything. My children make me strive to be the best I can be. I never knew love existed the way it does until I became a mother.”
What is something you love about working at Salon West?
“What I like most about Salon West is the business structure.”
What is your favorite food or local restaurant?
“I love food of all sorts I can’t narrow it down to one thing. It’s all about the mood I’m in at that particular time.”
What is your favorite movie?
“Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie.”