Specializing in: Color: Blonde hair, transitional hair color such as Balayage, Ombré, Sombré ,and Corrective color; Design & Haircutting: Long layering, Bobs and Mid length hair design, Men's haircuts; Makeup: Bridal, Natural, and Glam--"I like to help my guests create their dream look! I love it when they bring in pictures and I can re-create exactly what type of "Glam" they’re looking for."
Additional Education & Certifications:
- Creative Coloring with Balayage” with Global Redken Colorist Sami Skinner (June, 2021)
- Advanced Balayage with Sean Godard, Redken Global Artist/NAHA Winner (September, 2019)
- Fundamentals of Design w/ Redken Global Educator Brayden Pelletier & Eunice Aguilar (June, 2019)
- Advanced Color Placement with Eric Ray, Redken NYC and Vicki Laris, Redken NYC/Celebrity Colorist (September,2018)
- Design Trends with Hugo Urias–Global Redken Artist, Los Angeles (Sept, 2017)
- Balayage/Hair Painting W/ Redken NYC Artist Tina Calzaretta (June, 2017)
- Extensive Salon West New Talent Program w/Leah Hanson (2016-2017)
- Step Up w/Michael Cole
- Pureform Cutting w/Pureology Global Artist Michelle Minor-Patton
- Psycho-Geometrics w/Susan Hite
Getting to know Carlie...
What is your beauty philosophy?
“Practice makes perfect! No one starts out being GREAT instantly at hair or make up, in my opinion. But if you find a professional who is willing to teach you, and you put the work in, you may be very surprised at your skill level after practice."
“You can't fall if you don’t climb.” -Unknown
What/Who inspires you?
"My sister, Amanda. She is a great mom, incredibly intelligent, and always goes out of her way to ensure that I’m taken care of."
What is something you love about working at Salon West?
"Atmosphere.Education.Teamwork. The atmosphere at Salon West is friendly and welcoming, the education (both in-house and outside) is unparalleled. Our willingness to work as a team creates an environment where we all work together for the betterment our guests and their experiences."
What is your favorite movie?
"Harry Potter…all of ‘em!"
What is your favorite music?
"Rap and Country."
What is your guilty pleasure?
"Watching Netflix, in my bed alone."
Which celebrity do you think renders great style?
"Lauren Conrad, she has a beautiful and polished look, yet it’s approachable and achievable."
What is something most people don't know about you?
"I loathe texting. Please FaceTime me or call me!"
What is your favorite food or local restaurant?