Specializing in: Finishing and Ironwork, Dimensional Hair Coloring, Texturizing Haircuts, Men's Hair Coloring and Haircutting
Certifications and Additional Education:
- Men's Design & Barbering w/ Redken Artist Shawn Matthew Stearns (September 2021)
- Creative Coloring with Balayage” with Global Redken Colorist Sami Skinner (June, 2021)
- Fundamentals of Design w/ Redken Global Educator Brayden Pelletier & Eunice Aguilar (June, 2019)
- Advanced Color Placement with Eric Ray, Redken NYC and Vicki Laris, Redken NYC/Celebrity Colorist (September, 2018)
- Total Design Immersion with Redken’s Global Artistic Ambassador & Sassoon Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Sam Villa (June, 2018)
- Design Trends with Hugo Urias–Global Redken Artist, Los Angeles (Sept, 2017)
- Balayage/Hair Painting W/ Redken NYC Artist Tina Calzaretta (June, 2017)
- Pureology PureForm Design (Cutting) class with National Artist Michelle Patton, specializing in textured bobs, short women’s crops, and razor cutting (Oct, 2016)
- Cutting and Coloring for Curly hair w/Ryan Morgan & Tara Gardner (June, 2016)
- Redken Artist Ellen Devine and Vicki Laris brought their exceptional skills of amazing hair color, design and finishing for the upcoming year (Sept 2015)
- Three day class focusing on the latest design and hair color trends including: balayage (hi-lighting hair through hair painting) to mid-length and long bobs ("Lobs") with Redken's Award Winning Educational Facilitators, Ryan Morgan and Brayden Pelletier (June 2015)
- Current Trends and Color Class with Lauren Hagen (Nov, 2014)
- Advanced Cutting Class with Internationally Renowned Redken Artist Sam Villa (August, 2014)
- Redken Haircolor Obsessed Trends specializing in crown lights with Internationally renowned artist, Justin Isaac (April, 2014)
- Hair Design and Cut Suitability with Redken artist, Ryan Morgan (October, 2013)
- Color Suitability with Redken artist, Alicia Marcono (August, 2013)
- Color Correction and Ombre with Redken artist, Scott Sueper (June, 2013)
- Advanced cutting class with Redken artist, Brayden Pellitier (October, 2012)
- Hands on Color Correction Class with Patrick Fitzwater, International Redken Platform Artist (2012)
- Pureology Finishing and Upstyling (2012)
Getting to know Tara...
"Smile... It makes people wonder what you're up to." -Unknown
What/who inspires you?
“Many of the woman leaders in the world.”
Which celebrity do you think always has great hair or renders great style?
“Audrey Hepburn and Reese Witherspoon.”
What is your favorite food or local restaurant?
“Sushi at Osaka’s.”
What is your favorite movie?
"Walk the Line.”
What do you like most about working at Salon West?
“Everyday I am inspired by my co-workers . We are one big family. I love coming to work.”