Specializing in: Conservative and trendy haircutting and color, Curly hair styles, Thick/Coarse textured hair services, Long and short hair precision cutting, Fine hair textures, Dimensional and fashion haircolor, Color Correction, Hair Restoration treatments and Damage correction
Certifications & Additional Education:
- Redken Certified Hair Colorist
- Fundamentals of Design w/ Redken Global Educator Brayden Pelletier & Eunice Aguilar (June, 2019)
- Advanced Color Placement with Eric Ray, Redken NYC and Vicki Laris, Redken NYC/Celebrity Colorist (September, 2018)
- Total Design Immersion with Redken’s Global Artistic Ambassador & Sassoon Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Sam Villa (June, 2018)
- Design Trends with Hugo Urias–Global Redken Artist, Los Angeles (Sept, 2017)
- Balayage/Hair Painting W/ Redken NYC Artist Tina Calzaretta (June, 2017)
- Pureology PureForm Design (Cutting) class with National Artist Michelle Patton, specializing in textured bobs, short women’s crops, and razor cutting (Oct 2016)
- Cutting and Coloring for Curly hair w/Ryan Morgan & Tara Gardner (June, 2016)
- Redken Artist Ellen Devine and Vicki Laris brought their exceptional skills of amazing hair color, design and finishing for the upcoming year (Sept 2015)
- Three day class focusing on the latest design and hair color trends including: balayage (hi-lighting hair through hair painting) to mid-length and long bobs ("Lobs") with Redken's Award Winning Educational Facilitators, Ryan Morgan and Brayden Pelletier (June 2015)
- Redken Symposium, Las Vegas (Jan, 2015)
- Current Trends and Color Class with Lauren Hagen (Nov, 2014)
- Advanced Cutting Class with Internationally Renowned Redken Artist Sam Villa (August, 2014)
- Redken Haircolor Obsessed Trends specializing in crown lights with Internationally renowned artist, Justin Isaac (April, 2014)
- Hair Design and Cut Suitability with Redken artist, Ryan Morgan (October, 2013)
- Color Suitability with Redken artist, Alicia Marcono (August, 2013)
- Color Correction and Ombre with Redken artist, Scott Sueper (June, 2013)
- Advanced cutting class with Redken artist, Brayden Pellitier (October, 2012)
- Updo and Special Occasion Styling with Jason Griedin (September, 2012)
Getting to know Amber...
What do you like most about working at Salon West?
"The fact that the education and environment is amazing, it keeps me inspired and motivated."
Who inspires you?
"My family, and the satisfaction of making my guest feel great about their hair."
What is something most people don't know about you?
"I am an amazing singer with the music turned all the way up in my car with the windows down."
What is your beauty philosophy?
"As long as my hair looks good I feel good."
What is your guilty pleasure?
Which celebrity do you think always has great hair or renders great style?
"Rihanna and Jennifer Aniston."
What's your favorite music?
"I have everything from Garth Brooks, Coldplay, Bob Marley, Sade. I like a good mix."
What is your favorite quote?
"You can't change the wind but you can change the sails."
What is your favorite food or local restaurant?
"Italian or Mexican."